The Eurasian sector
The Eurasian sector is a multifunctional subdivision created in 2017 within the framework of the Center for Comprehensive European and International Studies of the Faculty of World Economy and World Politics of the Higher School of Economics (Moscow), which offers educational programs, implements research, carries out information exchange and conducts scientific and practical activities in the field of Eurasian economic integration.
The Eurasian sector of the Higher School of Economics is the first educational chair in the post-Soviet space devoted to issues of Eurasian economic integration.
The main activities of the Eurasian sector are:
Education and training
- A master’s program “Eurasian Econmic Integration” (from 2019);
- Educational disciplines, electives and courses devoted to various aspects of integration in the post-Soviet and Greater Eurasian space;
- A special lectures course “Eurasian Economic Integration” conducted in partnership with the Eurasian Economic Commission.
- Research work on various aspects of integration within the framework of the Eurasian Economic Union and the space of Greater Eurasia.
- Analytical notes, working papers, reports and other publications.
- Consultations on applied and practical aspects of Eurasian economic integration.
- Official information exchange (theoretical, practical and analytical publications, news reports, statistical materials, etc.) between the HSE and the Eurasian Economic Commission and the Eurasian Development Bank.
- Our library of publications on Eurasian integration and Eurasian theory is open to researchers and students.
Scientific and practical activities
- Seminars, round tables, conferences, forums for researchers and students.
The Eurasian sector, CCEIS, HSE officially cooperates with the Eurasian Economic Commission (EEC) and the Eurasian Development Bank (EDB).
Yuri Kofner, born 1988 in Munich, Germany, is the head of the Eurasian sector, CCEIS, HSE. He is a PhD student at the Higher School of Economics (HSE) and a research scholar with the International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA), Laxenburg, Austria, where he participates in the international research project “Challenges and Opportunities of Economic Integration within a Wider European and Eurasian Space” in cooperation with the Eurasian Development Bank and the Eurasian Economic Commission.
Kofner is an expert with the Alexander Gorchakov Public Diplomacy Fund. Participant of the annual Moscow Economic Forum, annual meeting of the International discussion club “Valdai” and the Saint-Petersburg International Economic Forum. He is also a visiting lecturer on Eurasian economic integration at the MGIMO-University MFA Russia and the HSE.
Views expressed in the publications are that of the individual authors, and my not represent the postions of the Eurasian sector, CCEIS, HSE. Unless explicitly stated otherwise.