Analytical media “Eurasian Studies”
The analytical media “Eurasian Studies” was founded on 25 August 2017 in Astana at the “Eurasian Week” Business Forum. The aim of the media is to deliver informational and analytical support to the processes of Eurasian economic integration within the Eurasian Economic Union (EAEU) and the Greater Eurasian space. The analytical media “Eurasian Studies” organizes or supports the organization of educational programs, scientific research, information exchange and workshops in the field of Eurasian economic integration.
The main activities of the analytical media “Eurasian Studies” are (itself or in support):
Education and training
- A master’s program “Eurasian Econmic Integration” (project);
- Educational disciplines, electives and courses devoted to various aspects of integration in the post-Soviet and Greater Eurasian space;
- A special lectures course “Eurasian Economic Integration” conducted in partnership with the Eurasian Economic Commission.
- Research work on various aspects of integration within the framework of the Eurasian Economic Union and the space of Greater Eurasia.
- Analytical notes, working papers, reports and other publications.
- Consultations on applied and practical aspects of Eurasian economic integration.
- Official information exchange (theoretical, practical and analytical publications, news reports, statistical materials, etc.) between the HSE and the Eurasian Economic Commission and the Eurasian Development Bank.
- Our library of publications on Eurasian integration and Eurasian theory is open to researchers and students.
Scientific and practical activities
- Seminars, round tables, conferences, forums for researchers and students.
- National Research University “Higher School of Economics” (HSE)
- Eurasian Economic Commission (EEC)
- Eurasian Development Bank (EDB).
- International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA)
Yuri Kofner. Born in Munich, Germany. Graduated from high school in Bavaria (Klostergymnasium Schäftlarn) and private school in England (Clifton College, Bristol). Graduate of MGIMO-University of the MFA of Russia with the specialty “Foreign Economic Affairs” (bachelor). Graduate of the MGIMO master’s program with a master’s degree in “World trade and international economic organizations”. Master’s thesis – “The Eurasian Economic Union in the global economy”.
Since October 2016 a postgraduate at the Higher School of Economics (HSE), writing his PhD thesis in “Global economics” on the topic of technical barriers to trade in the Eurasian Economic Union. Since August 2017 the founder and head of the Eurasian sector of the Center for Complex European and International Studies (CCEIS) at the HSE (RUS) / (ENG).
Since February 2016 a research scholar at the International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (Laxenburg, Austria) where he participates in the high-level international research project “Challenges and Opportunities of Economic Integration within a Wider European and Eurasian Space”, conducted in cooperation with the Eurasian Development Bank, Eurasian Economic Commission, OSCE and European Commission.
His research activities are dedicated to Eurasian economic integration. Expert of the Alexander Gorchakov Public Diplomacy Fund. Participant of the Saint-Petersburg International Economic Forum, annual meeting of the International discussion club “Valdai”, the annual “Gaidar Forum” and the annual Moscow Economic Forum. Lecturer at the MGIMO-University MFA Russia and the Higher School of Economics on Eurasian economic integration.
Views expressed in the publications are that of the individual authors and may not represent the postions of the analytical media “Eurasian Studies” or its partners.